top of page
Assignment instructions: Within a series of seven related graphic statements you will provide the foundation to generate pause, frustration, laughter, support, contemplation, etc. upon the issue of Good Design. You are responsible for writing copy, generating imagery and designing seven related pieces. In establishing a uniform voice, you will develop spokesperson (mascot) for the campaign. The mascot will be constructed from letterforms (characters, numerals, and punctuation). The mascot will engage with the dialogue or simply unite the set through strategic position (like a business card identity)
Assignment instructions: Through this project, you will examine systems used to develop and reproduce letterforms in a digital environment. Further, your work on this project will ask you to consider the ways in which typefaces must function as systems of interrelated elements.
Assignment instructions: Visualize a complete font family. Analyze the font family characteristics. Imagine if the family grew to represent additional characters/symbols. What shapes would those elements take on? Your creations must feel as though they effortlessly fit (belong) within the family, as though these “characters/symbols” had originally been intended for usage/communication.
Assignment instructions: You will create compositions through the use of 2 letterforms that convey the following:
1. Congestion - forms accumulate by process of overlap, extension, collision, etc.
2. Calm - a tranquil presentation where negative spaces create for a light and relaxed distribution of the positive forms.
3. Scale and Proportion - communicating large and small through comparison and contrast.
4. Radial Symmetry - communicating radial or spiral presentation with the center of the composition acting as a focal point.
5. Playful - translating an expressive, loose composition
6. Stability - communicating structure through order, discipline, and balance of positive and negative forms.
Assignment instructions: Confined to the letters of your assigned word - you will create 4 compositions to achieve the following objectives...
Part A configuration represents/expresses the definition of the assigned word -Each letter must be used once -and only once.
Part B configuration represents/expresses the definition of the assigned word -Multiple use of letters (each letter must be used at least twice) you will determine the usage per letter.
Part C configuration represents/expresses the antonym of the assigned word -Each letter must be used once -and only once.
Part D configuration represents/expresses the antonym of the assigned word -Multiple use of letters (each letter must be used at least twice) you will determine the usage per letter.
bottom of page